The Legal and Policy Foundational Interest Group (FIG) is focused on the non-legal advice of open source and standards pertaining to rights, intellectual property, laws, and policies that will arise from the creation or enhancement of the process or technologies related to the Metaverse. It provides a place of discussion for matters that may enable, prohibit, inhibit or cause issues with the direct or indirect implementation of Metaverse policies or technologies.
Legal and Policy FIG
Dive into the Discussion
A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
- Discuss IP protection either through trademarks or copyrights of commercial and user-generated content.
- Explore unfair competition, personality and design rights.
- Discuss existing and future governing laws, jurisdictions and data privacy laws focusing on international and localized policies.
- Identify and discuss areas related to personal use defense, evidence of use in prosecution, antitrust, impersonation, and the existing rights worldwide and nationally.
- Identify and define the process for quality control, technological control, and contextual controls for the integrity of content usage.